Forum

Feel free to introduce yourself and engage in a discussion.  (Press ‘Ctrl’ & ‘+’ to zoom page larger.)

Visa Options?  

RSS

Soulsurfer
(@soulsurfer)
October 5, 2017 9:15 pm  

This is my first post, so hear we go. I went through the Philippine consulate and applied for a non-immigrant 1 year visa, was told by the staff to do so when stating that I had a 6 month planned trip ahead. I get a call from the same staff member saying that even though I am applying for a 1 year visa that I have to check in with immigration 10 days prior to the 1st 59 days in order to get permission for an extension. So I said OK and left it at that, as he left more questions that answers in my mind.

I thought the whole idea of the 1 yr non-immigrant visa was for me not to have to apply in country for visa extensions ? So what did I pay for? and what are they going to stamp in my passport?

Any thoughts on this?

ReplyQuote
Reekay
(@reekay)
Active Member Admin
August 23, 2018 3:53 am  

yah, there are some things here that totally defy logic.  that's the PH.  but the other option is to get a 6-month visa rather than renew every 2 months.

but you can only get the 6-month visa twice from what i understand, then you have to do it in 2-month intervals.

ReplyQuote
Share: