Forum

Feel free to introduce yourself and engage in a discussion.  (Press ‘Ctrl’ & ‘+’ to zoom page larger.)

PH Bank Accounts  

RSS

Kanga67
March 11, 2017 1:58 am  

Hi All,

There are only 3 ways, that I know of, to obtain a bank account in the Philippines.  

1. Married to a Filipina - Obtain an ACR Card and have a fixed address.

2. Working in the Philippines for either an Expat company or employed by a Philippine Company.

3. Own a business. Many issues better dealt with in another forum.

I was married to a Filipina and obtained an ACR card and opened a bank account in Makati (BDO).  I can now transfer money through "Reputable" online Philippine remittance companies operating within Australia. The fees vary $4.00 - $12.00 per transaction but the funds are available same day if deposited prior to 9:00am.  I also get a far better exchange rate than through banks or WU or the like. I have found that BDO has a great online banking system and iPhone app too making transfers, payments or loading mobile (cell) phones with credit simple and efficient. I opened a joint BDO account with my current GF where she is the main holder and she was able to get a visa debit card.  I can now transfer funds to her in that account or purchase online goods (Lazada Lover) without any fees or hassles and still maintaining control of the main account.

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Kanga67
March 11, 2017 2:00 am  

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register